Cheney High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Please Create A Marquee

Running Start

Please share this information with anyone in your building involved with Running Start.
There are 5 ways to determine Running Start eligibility:
  • Completed at least THREE  semesters of high school with a cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0
  • SAT scores ≥ 470 (average of reading and writing scores)
  • ACT scores ≥ 19 (average of English and reading scores)
  • Smarter Balance Test (see attached)
  • New writing test that is scored by English department (this option is done only if you do not have one of the above)
Only one of these is needed to determine eligibility.  If you are using the ACT or SAT, you must provide official scores to the SFCC Testing Center.  If you are using the cumulative GPA, you must provide an official high school transcript to the SFCC Testing Center.  Students will be given directions on how to schedule the writing test in their Welcome Letter sent from the Running Start office after they apply.  Also included in the letter is their unique ID number with instructions on how to activate their ctcLink Student Accounts.  They will need the SID inorder to schedule their test date.
The Math test is the MyMath Test (MMT).  Students can now choose to activate the MMT when they feel ready.  Please encourage students to work through the MyMath Study Program and practice tests.  The MMT is only given at Spokane Falls Community College.  Also, students are able to use their ACT or SAT scores to place into Math 107, Math 221 or Phil 120.  The necessary scores are: ACT score 23; SAT score 550.  This score will not place a student into Math 141 (Pre-Calculus).  Students may choose the Algebra Intensive Pathway or Math Literacy Pathway when activating the MyMath Program.  Both Pathways will allow students to take amath class necessary to complete the AA Degree.  
1.  Fill out the Application
2.  Request a copy of your transcript from SchooLinks
       a.  Go to
       b.  Click "login" in upper right-hand corner
       c.  Click "Sign in with Google"
       d.  Use your school email and password to login
       e.  Once logged in, on the left side toolbar, click "School"
        f.  Click "Transcript Requests"
       g.  Click "Download Unofficial Transcript"
3.  Follow instructions you receive from the college to enroll