Pile on the veggie toppings. Kids love pizza, and you'll love that they're eating their vegetables. Top pitas with pizza sauce, part-skim cheese, and your favorite tasty veggies.
- 2 large whole wheat pita bread rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup assorted fresh vegetables (such as small broccoli or cauliflower, red sweet pepper strips, sliced fresh mushrooms, and/or chopped carrot)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Place pita rounds on a baking sheet. Bake in a 400ºF oven for 5 minutes.
- Coat an unheated small nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium heat.
- Add the assorted vegetables; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Spread pizza sauce on pita bread rounds; sprinkle with cooked vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in 400ºF oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown. Serve warm.